Recreating the LSST Science pipeline tutorial (gen 2) only using Generation 3 command line tasks and the pipetasks

Simon,
I found another anomaly that you may already be aware of.
In tutorial 7 the parm tract is spelled as trct in the “Note” section.
Cheers KSK

Also, Simon, I’m working through Step 7 of the Tutorial. I’m not clear if meas_coadd is accurate. I see that my execution has created a directory actually named coad_meas . Can you advise if this is what we want here?
See cut/paste below:

import os
from lsst.daf.butler import Butler
collections = [f"u/{os.environ[‘USER’]}/objects", f"u/{os.environ[‘USER’]}/meas_coadd"]
butler = Butler(‘SMALL_HSC’, collections=collections)

OK. I’ll take care of those typos

Thank you Simon…

I just closely watched the Delegate assembly recordings from 09/24.
Is it convenient to locate and download the notebook that Yusra A. used , entitled 05_Intro_to_Source_Detection
Thanks

This notebook is at tutorial-notebooks/05_Intro_to_Source_Detection.ipynb at main · rubin-dp0/tutorial-notebooks · GitHub ; the other tutorial notebooks are in the same repo.

thanks KTL. I’ve got it functioning locally using Jupyter notebook.
We know it uses test data at:
repo = ‘s3://butler-us-central1-dp01’
collection = ‘2.2i/runs/DP0.1’
Is there a convenient zip file or tarball with this data? or is that notion unrealistic (due to size)

…even though I probably can use some of the gen3 tutorial raw fits files. Do you agree?

You will not be able to access the DESC data but you can use the notebooks as a guide to help you experiment with the test repositories you do have access to.

okay Tim, thanks.
And,
I presume there is no convenient zip/tarballs/etc of the S3 files…

Correct. It’s a huge dataset.

So far I have been successful in readadapting the Jupyter notebooks from the 09/24 delegate assembly to the smaller tutorial gen3 datasets. I keep working through the notebooks some each day…
I’m examining the output datasets from the coadd processing and do not know what a .hsp filetype is…While I get some hits on open web search, can someone explain what this is for LSST …?
Happy Turkey day.

It’s a FITS file – you can tell this by using the file command on a file. hsp stands for healsparse. Running fitsinfo on a file I have here reports:

No.    Name      Ver    Type      Cards   Dimensions   Format
  0  COV           1 PrimaryHDU       8   (12288,)   int64   
  1  SPARSE        1 CompImageHDU     11   (3145728,)   float64